11 February 2013

Places to Eat - The Edison

This past weekend, Aubrey took me to The Edison for our Valentine's Day date. This was my second time there, and I can definitely affirm that it's one of my favorite places to go for dinner (or drinks!). It's a lovely atmosphere for a date night, or to have a little get together with friends (I wouldn't mind having a birthday bash here).

Architecturally, it's exquisite. It was downton Los Angeles' first private power plant (the sub-floor of the Higgins Building, built in 1910), and has been faithfully restored into a splendid, three-story restaurant/speakeasy. Its style is a combination of Art Nouveau to Industrial Gothic, celebrating invention and imagination. There are wonderful silent films projected on the large walls, and screens scattered throughout, including an array of George Melies films and shorts, and occasionally a cabaret show!

Remember to dress up, too! Wear your favorite fancy clothes, or if you're feeling especially daring, dress as a flapper!





Below is a sample of what The Edison offers in terms of drink and food. They have a full bar but specialize in their signature drinks (my favorite is 'The Mistress'). Also, you better leave room for dessert and order The Elvis. You'll thank me later.




2 comments:

  1. I think I'm gonna have to add this place to my bucket list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely bucket list worthy! :)

      Delete